Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadheads

Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default Broadheads

I'm in the market for new broad heads before I go to Michigan for my hunting trip I use to use machincal broad heads but the ones I use to buy went off the market so I've been looking around and I found redneck broad heads has anyone used them before if so how do you like them? And what's some other good brand to use
Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally use G5 Montechs fixed blades and Slick Trick Standards. Both have performed flawlessly for me over the years.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

First Ive seen the redneck broadheads. At first I thought "they kind of look like a reworked thunderhead" well turns out that is exactly what they are.

I see some complaints about blade retention on them. I shoot thunderhead razors which is the same design with better retention. I would suggest those or the ones SH suggested are also real good heads.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rock, you going to try out those Atoms? That guy posting the info on them kind of got me interested in them but I'm still not able to get out the bows and really do any real pulling and testing. Was actually thinking of trying them out with my traditional rigs but I just don't know if that would supply enough energy and speed for the "compression" of those wire cutters to be effective in their design structure. If it was, then they would be a mighty good idea to use with the slow traditional. At my length and weights I'm averaging 212 fps from that takedown of mine. Those heads may give me around 8fps more give or take 1.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Rock, you going to try out those Atoms? That guy posting the info on them kind of got me interested in them but I'm still not able to get out the bows and really do any real pulling and testing. Was actually thinking of trying them out with my traditional rigs but I just don't know if that would supply enough energy and speed for the "compression" of those wire cutters to be effective in their design structure. If it was, then they would be a mighty good idea to use with the slow traditional. At my length and weights I'm averaging 212 fps from that takedown of mine. Those heads may give me around 8fps more give or take 1.
I don't know...I will if I stumble on some. I'm 100% satisfied with my current heads but Ive always liked the concept of the atoms.

I think I would if I were shooting your traditional setup. Probably got plenty of arrow weight behind that 212fps don't ya?

The way I see it you probably need less energy to compress those than you do to push a traditional head through otherwise the design is worthless.

Last edited by rockport; 11-25-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I really like the Slick Trick Viper Tricks. They are a tough head that flies true.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I really like the Slick Trick Viper Tricks. They are a tough head that flies true.
I took a deer with a Viper Trick Saturday. Worked great,blood spraying everywhere and looked like new after cleanup. It dulled a little as it buried in the dirt but that is to be expected as that is what happens when you shoot something sharp into the dirt.

From my stand I could easily see blood in the snow from the point of impact all the way to where she laid dead.

On the flip side the deer did go about 200 yards on a perfect shot and the arrow still had a lot of unused energy after pass through.

Good broadhead and probably particularly for larger game or slower speeds. The thunder head razors have performed better for me with my setup on deer.

Last edited by rockport; 01-12-2016 at 11:27 AM.