Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Sight problem--do I replace? >

Sight problem--do I replace?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight problem--do I replace?

Old 11-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sight problem--do I replace?

I recently purchased a used PSE Nova from a pawn shop.

I've discovered the Hex screws that hold the sight to the mounting bracket are froze up and buggered. A hex key turns in them. Hence, i can't adjust the entire sight itself.

The pins move, no problem. The mounting bracket for the whole sight will come off.

Do I replace the sight or are there other options. I'd just get a cheap for the moment.

FWIW: Right now, the top pin is hitting about a foot high at 25 yds. I can't move the pin any higher. I'm a beginner and am just trying to learn, but have a decent chance of hitting plate at that distance with it,
Old 11-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

take the sight off and try one of those easy out tools and soak the screws with break free or some sort of penetrating type of lube that should be able to get them off then just get some new screws and your all set !
Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll give it a shot.

Will I need to order screws or would something suitable from a hardware store perhaps? If I need to order, where from?

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 11-27-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
take the sight off and try one of those easy out tools and soak the screws with break free or some sort of penetrating type of lube that should be able to get them off then just get some new screws and your all set !
replacement bolts can normally be found in a hardware store.