Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Right hand shooting with a left hand bow >

Right hand shooting with a left hand bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Right hand shooting with a left hand bow

Old 10-10-2003, 05:56 AM

Default Right hand shooting with a left hand bow

I have a bow for a left handed shooter and I am right handed. I have shot the bow several times with no problem. Any takes on this?
Old 10-10-2003, 06:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2003, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Right hand shooting with a left hand bow

zaccat:

You should use a bow that is meant for you. " Several times" is not a good measure.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:23 AM

Does it feel good, It doesnt feel bad... I can hit a target at 40yds and I am getting better. Sell it, I can' t find anyone to buy a left hand bow for what it' s worth.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

zacat

You will be much better off in the end dumping the lefty and getting a right handed bow. Take it from me, I am a lefty and end up demoing right handed bows most of the time because nobody stocks LH bows. While I can shoot a RH bow, my form does suffer. I would never consider hunting with one.

If you are looking to unload the bow, try the classifieds section on Archery Talk or Eders.com.

The members of AT just have a ball of a time buying and selling equipment at an astonishing rate....myself included.

BTW: what kind of bow is it..(make, model, draw length, poundage, etc....)
Old 10-10-2003, 10:24 AM

The bow is a Reflex Teton RFX is has a draw length of 27-30" and 50-60lbs draw. Split limb. 4pin fiber sight and a 4 arrow quiver.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can vouch for the others on here. Believe me.... Sell the lefty bow (maybe to me! ) and get yourself outfitted with a righty bow. I am a lefty and have a lefty bow. I " tried" to shoot my buddies old Browning righty bow one time and I shot it lefty. Man, I missed the target about 6 feet to the left!! [] I can' t shoot righty no matter what I do (I' m left eye dominant).

I am a freak... I write lefty, shoot everything lefty, and play golf righty. I play a drum kit lefty, but yet, I play guitar righty. Here' s one that will throw you for a loop: I throw a baseball lefty, but throw a football righty. Go figure.... [&:]

Butch
Old 10-10-2003, 02:52 PM

I agree with others, you need to either shoot it left handed, or buy a right handed bow.

If you were shooting it left handed, it' s totally up to you. If you can shoot that bow well over a period of time, it doesn' t matter.

I have a friend that was severely burned in an industrial accident. Do to the severity of his injuries, and after about 3 years of recovery, he had to switch to a left handed bow if he wanted to continue to shoot. And in his second year of shooting that bow, he took the NFAA Indoor National Championship in the open class.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn' t worry about the hand as much as I would worry about which eye is dominant!!! Going from left to right or right to left seems vary difficult, but its not that bad. I did it. I think its more important to shoot with your dominant eye!

Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2003, 08:44 PM

Many who have come by my shop have seen me demonstrate shooting a bow with the opposite hand and drilling the ' X' with either hand. It can be done; but, consider the eye dominance first before you buy any other bow. I am right-handed and had to switch to left-handed due to a failing right eye. It is sooooo much better in many respects and I shoot much more comfortably.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Right hand shooting with a left hand bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.