Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Ground Blind during Rifle Season >

Ground Blind during Rifle Season

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ground Blind during Rifle Season

Old 10-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Spike

Default Ground Blind during Rifle Season

Hi All,

Just wondering what others do to stay visible (to humans) while hunting from ground blinds during the firearm season. I'm hunting a zone just outside Saskatoon, and I'm a little concerned about the shots other hunters might be taking. I only bow hunt, so my blinds are generally brushed in really well...

Any tips would be welcomed!
Cheers!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

In Indiana during gun season ground blinds are required to have 144 square inches of blaze orange on all sides, if my memory serves me correct.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Orange- and more Orange.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw in walmart the other day that they had a 'cap' for the top of your blind. This was blaze orange and covered the entire top (or a large portion of it) visible for 360*
Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If nothing else, hit a walmart and buy some blaze orange from the fabric section. Maybe attach with clothes pins.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:58 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

If you are hunting during the rifle season on public land, you will want to have a 1ft by 1ft square of blaze orange on each side. Think about it - a deer is 60 yds from you and is between you and a gun hunter that is 150 yds away from you. You can buy a cheap blaze orange vest or two at Walmart and cut them up. Or get the fabric, provided it is true blaze orange (that shows in dim light) and not faded orange. The blaze orange will also prevent other hunters from unintentionally setting up too close to you.

Last edited by MZS; 11-11-2014 at 06:01 AM.