Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Any of you remember my prblem? >

Any of you remember my prblem?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any of you remember my prblem?

Old 07-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Any of you remember my prblem?

Well I had posted a couple months ago that I was having a hard time broadhead tuning my PSE DNA. After getting no help from PSE customer service I started doing some research on my own and looking at some Youtube videos.
It turned out that I had some cam lean on my upper cam which was easily adjusted (yoke). I had also went from gold tip 5575 shafts to 7595 shafts and switched from Blazer vanes to 4" NAP Quikspins.
I am happy to say that my BHs and FTs are hitting same POI now with some minor rest adjustment.
But just for giggles, last night I stole some of my wife's red lipstick and applied it to the Blazer vanes on my 5575 shafts to see if I was getting any contact. Turns out that fletching contact was zero. Now, was this due to adjusting my cam lean? Maybe. But I think the problem was both the cam lean and the 5575s were underspined for the PSE even though I was only shooting 67# @ 28.5" DL.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

The cam lean definitely could have caused the fletching contact. By adjusting the yokes you essentially pulled the string more in line with the arrow/center shot of the rest. Glad you have it shooting well! Im in the same process trying to get my Motive to shoot Bareshafts straight but I think my issue is more used caused than a bow issue.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice when a plan come together; Congrats. Time to reap the harvest.