Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
First day picking up a bow since November '13 >

First day picking up a bow since November '13

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

First day picking up a bow since November '13

Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Spike

Default First day picking up a bow since November '13

So today was the first day of picking up a bow and shooting since November of last year. Needless to say it did not go well. I had a hard time keeping steady on target. As I sit here typing this thread my shoulders are quite sore. I am 25 years old, 5'8 185 lbs. I consider myself physically fit. I run 3-6 miles/week and walk 18 holes 2-3 times a week, yet I am struggling with 60 lbs. of DW. Any exercises or advice to get back into shooting shape would be greatly appreciated. I guess this is why you don't just hang it up for the year..
Old 06-01-2014, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Golf less, shoot more. Problem solved.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Try to shoot multiple arrows every day only working on form and once you get your archery strength back then start sighting in pins and work on accuracy.