Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Squeaky limb pocket >

Squeaky limb pocket

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Squeaky limb pocket

Old 01-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Squeaky limb pocket

I have an 09 Hoyt Alphamax and about a month ago it developed a squeak about a quarter of the way through the draw cycle. At first I thought it was my arrow rest but soon figured out the squeak is coming from the bottom limb pocket. The squeak is loud enough to scare a deer a close range so I'm a little concerned. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Spike

I use a product called Reel Magic, you can find it at Walmart in the fishing section usually, stuff works great and on the container it says for bows works great!!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Spike

I will give that a try and hope that fixes it. Thanks for the post!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Make sure the pocket pivot bolts are tight. If they are you will need to remove the pivot axle and lube with extreme cream odorless. It could also be the shims in the bottom cam and it sounds like it is coming from the pocket.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Spike

I will check the bolts and see if that fixes the problem. If not maybe I'll get to go to the bowshop! Yippee!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Spike

Hey Michael396, you were right on the money with the pivot bolts. The bolt on the right side was a little loose and after tightening it up, no squeak! You sir are a genius! Thanks for the help! It is good to have a sight to bounce things off of other people.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

No problem pal. I own an archery pro shop and we are a Hoyt dealer. I have seen this before.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default Squeaky limb pocket

Hey Michael396, the squeak came back in the limb pivot bolt because that bolt will not stay tight. After about 3 or 4 shots it comes loose. I took it to the archery shop and the guy there didn't have an answer for me. So I personally called Hoyt tech. services and they said I needed to replace the whole "pivot dowel assembly". So I called the guy at the proshop to let him know what I found out and he called Hoyt himself. They told him to send the whole bow to them and they would fix the problem at the factory. Is this normal or are they trying to cover something up? I not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems strange they would want to fix the bow in house instead of just sending out the part. Any thoughts?