Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bowtech- 101st Airborne vs Guardian >

Bowtech- 101st Airborne vs Guardian

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech- 101st Airborne vs Guardian

Old 11-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech- 101st Airborne vs Guardian

New to bows.

Looking at two Bowtechs- used.

I need 50# @30'+.

Can anyone express feelings about the Bowtech 101st Airborne vs the Bowtech Guardian...?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't shot the 101st, but I love my Guardian. Considered to be one of the finest bows Bowtech has ever made, absolutely silent & dead in the hand, and you don't need a bowpress.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Guardian is for sure one of the best Bowtech has ever made. I've had my Commander since they first came out, and still really enjoy shooting it. With the Guardian, you'll get a dead quiet, easy to draw, excellent hunting rig. With the 101, you'll get a real speed demon. More aggressive cams, little more noise, and not as forgiving as the guardian. The Airborne that I've shot a few times was a 60# version, and at 60#, it was nice to shoot. With as much speed as that rig produces, and you shooting 50#, you may be better served by the 101st. You can't go wrong with either selection though.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Spike

I shot them both side by side.....not a good idea, makes the 101st look, feel, shoot, sound like junk (IT IS NOT) the Guardian is so quite and smooth it makes other bows seem ridiculously loud IMO
Old 12-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Spike

Finally got the Guardian....just got it. so far, VERY nice. I am new, but it seems to be both quiet and smooth- lack of "recoil".

I think it's going to be a fun bow. Only issue is the guy holding it and between his ears.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will like that Guardian pretty well.....I know I like mine!