Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Fixing a Bear Element >

Fixing a Bear Element

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fixing a Bear Element

Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default Fixing a Bear Element

Hello guys. I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help.I changed the stirng of my Bear element bow but I am nor sure if cable and string are runing by the correct rails. Also at the crossing of cable and string,both are in direct contact.
Can someone post any picture of the cam to see correct position fo string and cable?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

I guess there isn't any one using that bow. I might be able to help, pictures also help but the string has the roll off both wheels opposite direction when viewed from the side. For instance the top will rotate on the draw clockwise and the bottom will unwind counterclockwise. The cable or cables is another story. Sometimes you have to look at the way the old ones (strings/cables) and see from the crook how they rolled off. Now the crossing could be you have them crossing below the cable rod and should be above or just the opposite. Try both ways and see which way gives more clearance.