Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
PSE DL adjustment and string stop setting >

PSE DL adjustment and string stop setting

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE DL adjustment and string stop setting

Old 10-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PSE DL adjustment and string stop setting

fooling with my new bow and making some changes to DL to accommodate string loop and such, here is my question, when i draw, i am setting on the let-off point or tight against the back wall (feels like i'm holding 45-50# instead of the 15-20# i think i should considering let-off) , i have been moving the DL cam and the string stop to the same settings "C" and "C" or middle of "C" and "D" always the same....what i'm experinceing is i feel that i am holding back more than my let-off weight should be, but if i ease up/out on my draw i'm at the point of break-over...any input appreciated....my thoughts are moving the "string stop" setting to between "B" and "C" and leaving the DL cam on Straight-up "C" setting, is the acceptable????, and will i encour any dangerous setting conflicts????

BTW, axe VI, 60#/75% @ (i've tried) 27.5-28.5 but i'm trying to find my comfort zone, and i am utilizing the same anchor point during these attempts

i don't mind a small valley, but right now i feel like i'm between a rock and a hard place, kinda like my old reezen
Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Spike

Are your draw stops hitting at the same time ? Everything should be on the same letter . And did you put mod lockers on your axe ? If not PIMP MY BOW has a total fix for the slip that will happen with your mods . When you have the correct draw length set it is easy to hold IMO . I can shoot 28.5 dl but i go with 28 so i get past my camo and my 3d suit . But the wall should feel solid and not spongy . You might have a timing issue with your cams . Good luck
Old 10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Spike

Oh yeah if this dont help you might need to post up picks of your cams . Check Brace hieght and ATA and tiller .
Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks man, the mod lockers are nice.....bow is shooting great,,,,28" @ 60.8 # and all over 290

everything thing else was checking out ATA, Brace, and string stops (timing issues)...only thing i can figure was there was an issue between cam mods and string stop settings (which is visual and i may have screwd those up even though i put them right on the marks), but the mod lockers have it set and it is a shooter

thanks again