Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
making an bow from righty to an lefty >

making an bow from righty to an lefty

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

making an bow from righty to an lefty

Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default making an bow from righty to an lefty

well the title states what I am asking

making an bow from righty to an lefty? I think I know the answer. just hope I am wrong.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, It can't be done.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

well what I thought.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

lol... Is it an Oneida by chance? Have seen it done with them...
Old 10-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

an old whitetail II.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it can be done, i've done it several times. One of the tests to graduate from PSE school is to change one over from right to left. On a duel cam bow you need a new left riser and reverse the cams. One cam you need a new cam and riser. It's usually cost prohibitive though, the parts cost as much or more than just getting a lefty bow. Oops , almost forgot.... you have to switch limbs too from bottom to top on some models. Some models you can't switch from left to right.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes it can be done, i've done it several times. One of the tests to graduate from PSE school is to change one over from right to left. On a duel cam bow you need a new left riser and reverse the cams. One cam you need a new cam and riser. It's usually cost prohibitive though, the parts cost as much or more than just getting a lefty bow. Oops , almost forgot.... you have to switch limbs too from bottom to top on some models. Some models you can't switch from left to right.
Well, of course you can if you are willing to buy a new left handed riser and a new cam. But that isn't turning a right handed bow into a left handed bow. You are building a new left handed bow from scratch.

I can also turn a right handed rifle into a left handed rifle if i am willing to buy a left handed receiver, a left handed stock and pull the barrel off the old receiver and install it on the new receiver.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Well, of course you can if you are willing to buy a new left handed riser and a new cam. But that isn't turning a right handed bow into a left handed bow. You are building a new left handed bow from scratch.

I can also turn a right handed rifle into a left handed rifle if i am willing to buy a left handed receiver, a left handed stock and pull the barrel off the old receiver and install it on the new receiver.
see part and labor.
sounds like I would be better buying an new bow, I was thinking about that anyway.