Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
arrows don't fly to good >

arrows don't fly to good

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrows don't fly to good

Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Spike

Default arrows don't fly to good

I have a diamond stud 09 model that I'm trying to get set up for bowhunting and I can't get good arrow flight. I have tried 3 different arrow rests and 2 different arrows. here's the set up.

60#
carbon express piledriver hunters (240's @ 29") with 100 and 125gr. tips.
I was shooting 2315's alum. @29"
I tried the qad hd pro, code red and the hostage pro. I set the rest up in the middle of the berger holes and set my nock point level to 3/8 high. Set the center shot and tried walk back tuning. checked the tiller which was good. I checked my peep sight it was ok but I took it off. checked the timing on the cam and that was good. I shoot all year long almost every day so I think my form is ok. I never had the kind of problem when setting up a bow. Can someone thing of anything I might have missed? I thought maybe the string is junk all though the is pretty much new, Ijust started getting it ready for hunting.

Last edited by Mike L; 09-26-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well your arrow selection is fine. And your form may be ok. It may be something as simple as changing your grip. I know I had to change my grip when I changed from my old High Country to my Martins. It made all the difference in the world. Without being there it is really hard to determine what your problem is. I suggest you head to a pro shop with a range and see if they can help you out.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have someone else shoot it. Watch it shoot.

You could just be fatigued.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

paper tuned it?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

i'd have to agree with Bronko. i was shooting horrible when i switched to my dad's mathewes Outback. turned out my grip on my Truth was a 2 panel grip (1 piece of wood on both sides) and the outback had a wrap around so i had to just get used to getting it in the seam of my hand.

i attached a little drawing to kinda give you a visual. sorry its not the best. let me know if there is any confusion
-Storm
Attached Thumbnails arrows don't fly to good-paint-grip.jpg  
Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

I had it figured out before the season started. The guy at the shop said it was the cam, I guess it had a slight bend. Not sure how it would have got bent.