Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Problem with BowTech Admiral >

Problem with BowTech Admiral

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with BowTech Admiral

Old 09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Problem with BowTech Admiral

My bow is less than one year old, and I'm getting a loud "CLICK" at the end of the draw cycle...from the area of the upper cam It happens about 3 out of 5 times. My bow shop has replaced the cam, and it didn't fix the problem. Now they say I have to send it back to BowTech for them to look at it. IT'S BOW SEASON!!!

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas? Anyone have any idea how long it should take for BT get it back to me if I do send it in?

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

I busted a limb on my Alligiance the night before I was going on a hunting trip. Seems like it took less than 2 weeks to get the limbs back but, I could be mistaking. Also, when I got it back together the bearings had slipped out of the cam a bit and was making a noise and it took a while to figure that one out. It must have happened when the limb split. If you or the shop can't figure it out you may have to send it.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Spike

Sounds like it could be the bearings or shaft the bearing sits on . I just saw a thread like this on AT just like this . If its the bearings it could be serrious , if its the shaft that the bearing sits on you should be able to get by this season . But dang that sucks that this is happening to ya this close or during hunting season . But from what i hear Bowtech is a little slower getting back to their customers . You need to have your dealer contact them that might be the faster route to take . Does the cam have any play in it from side to side ?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Got my bow back quick, and had a GREAT season with it so far! Cull buck (lots of meat, no rack to speak of), decent doe, and a BIG 9-pointer (lots of meat, LOTS of rack!...pictures soon).
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Spike

way to go .