Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand >

These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand

Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand

I'm a Mathews fan but come on now, they and the other makers are getting out of hand with the prices

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-1...t-1521-324.asp
Old 09-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they think they can get it...they certainly will
Old 09-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

And the sad part is our dealer markups have went WAY down. You would be shocked at what we make on a bare bow. That's why shops hope you will set up your new bow with all new accessorys. Not alot of margin there either but every little bit helps.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

by a cheaper bow and slap a matthews sticker on it you wont ever know the difference
Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

That looks more like a collector's item vs. something that you would hunt with. I agree that the prices are out of hand but that goes with hobbies. The initial startup costs are high but you don't have to get the latest and greatest every year. I do have 2 bows based on needing a backup on where I hunt but I don't feel the need to upgrade every year. I may change a component here or there and may cycle a bow every 4-5 years but am perfectly happy with the bows that I have. Hell, if the indians had the technology that we have today, we would all have different last names!

As with anything, I also understand that there is a price to pay for the technology. You're not just paying for the individual bow, you're paying for prototypes, facilities, utilities, multiple salaries, insurance, etc...

Nice set-up by the way...Mathews, QAD, and HHA. I like your style!

Last edited by Gut Check; 09-19-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Spike

You can buy a rifle with a decent scope that will last your life time and your heirs with a little care for the price you pay for a bow that will be obsolete in a year or two and the resale value is nothing compared with what you paid for it but as long as we keep buying the newest and the fastest, it's what the market will bare.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the prices of the new top of the line bows are way out there. But my question is how much more can they improve? What i mean is there has to be a point where the materials will reach their stress limit without exploding. Strings, cables, limbs etc. Just think of all the shock these things go through with every shot.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

might as well get a carbon matrix
Old 09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Don't say these mfg's are getting out of hand, say what you mean! Mathews and Hoyt are out of hand with a $1600.00 and now a $2100.00 bow. But Matt is testing the water to see who is stupid enough to buy one, and someone will. If the interest is high enough next year (2012) will a lot higher. I have seen other companies do this with a high retail and give the dealers a good price to see what price people will pay for something. For example we sold X company scopes at dealer cost. We bought into the wholesale pricing which is 25% off dealer, of course to get that you had to purchase a $1,000,000.00 order. Now some of the box stores get that pricing, and still sell them at MSRP, and people still pay that price. If sales don't go down, the price goes up!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will sell... The carbon matrix did... I have one, but only bc I shot for a Hoyt dealership no way I'd ever pay that for a dang bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.