Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Sight

Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Spike

Default Bow Sight

I have a old Bear Whitetail 2 bow. And it has the older flip around sight, that moves when you rotate the bow up and down. I was wondering exactly how do you adjust it. I do that you have to loosen up that little nut looking thing and you can adjust it there. But as far as actually adjusting it, i really dont know what to do. so any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe what you are talking about is a pendelum sight. If i remember correctly, you sight it in horizontally at 20 yds. and it is supposed to be adjusted for tree stand use.
I would do a search online either through a search engine like google or bing or go to youtube.com and see if they have any info.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Spike

Yeah thats what its called. I had forgot the name of it. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Spike

All pendulum sights have different instructions on setting them up. Some need to be set at ground level, others from a fixed height at fixed range, etc. The more sophisticated ones also have a means to adjust for different arrow speeds. The best thing to do is call the manufacturer and ask them to email you a copy of the instructions.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Honestly, I would get a set of fixed pins and put on it. It's not going to be one of the fastest bows to use a pendulum on and it won't do you a whole lot of good having one on it as it will only be good to about 25 yards or so. If you don't want to shoot any farther than that it would be fine. JMHO, cuz I don't like pendulum sights much anyhow.