Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Arrow software (need quick favor) >

Arrow software (need quick favor)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow software (need quick favor)

Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow software (need quick favor)

I am purchasing carbon express maxima 350 hunters. 68-70# and 30" draw using 100gr field tip. What should I have the arrows length cut to for the best spine?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thats a question that cannot be answered without actually 'being there'. Depends on bow design, rest location, etc.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok. For some reason I thought I read a software that could show the best length cut arrow given the specs on the bow?

it is a parker hunter mag extreme (but I do plan on buying a new bow within the next year). Well if you mean the rest location compared to my brace height, I could probably get by with a 29.5" and still have .5" arrow or little more past the rest.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

JNTURK: Check out this link: http://www.martinarchery.com/easton/targeast.html
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks little. I will use that.

I had actually thought the some of the software available could calculate what the best arrow length would be for your set up to have the best spinned arrow. I guess I will just use the standard way of determining the arrow length.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

JNTURK: You might be interested in this software: http://www.archersadvantage.com
They list a "Windows Software", and clicking on "Infor Guide", you can purchase a CD or a Download version. Lots of information by clicking on the boxes. I remember having a program years back where one could change arrow length, bow poundage, different size and length of arrows for different results. Hope this helps.