Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
shot some bows today... >

shot some bows today...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shot some bows today...

Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Spike

Default shot some bows today...

hey guys i know its been awhile finally getting back on top of my money after all the overtime...i managed to get over and shoot some bows i shot the new pse axe 6 and matthews z7 both the same price both feel good i like the way the matthews has less vibration though..so what i am asking is pros and cons of each bow...thanks for your help
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I felt like the Z7 torques in my hand even with a the focus grip installed. Don't just shoot it and try to like it. Any new bow you try look for how it feels in your hand. You may want to check out the Hoyt Maxxis 31, Elite Judge and Bowtech Destroyer.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

New models will be out in about a month and a 1/2 so you might want to wait and see what comes out.

I suspect Hoyt will have a few new carbon risers to choose from.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

The PSE Axe 6 is like a purpose built race car. It's fast as hell but isn't gonna drive worth a crap commuting to work.

The Mathews is more like a tuned sports sedan. Plenty fast enough to out run most of the cars on the road but a heck of a lot more comfortable on your commute.

Having said that I do not like the extreme amount of reflex the Z7 has. It makes for an unstable bow that does not settle in the hand very well. Very easy to torque a bow with this much reflex built into the riser. If you like the smooth draw of the Z7 and like Mathews I would strongly suggest you shoot the Monster 7. Best hunting bow in their line up IMO.

If you like the feel of the PSE's draw and thin grip I would suggest you look at the bow madness series and the vendetta. Much smoother and easier drawing bows and plenty fast enough.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Spike

If the axe is tuned right it will have almost no vibration bare . Put limbsavers and a stabilizer and it will be dead in the hand . I have the axe 6 and once you get over the first part of the hump it draws nice and holds great for 6 inch brace hieght . I have been shooting a Bowmadness for the past one and a half years and it was easy to go from a single cam to the axe 6 . Good luck on your choice , thats most of the battle .
Old 09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Spike

Try a Bear Attack! I shot the Monster 6, Monster 7, Z7, Maxxis 31, and the Attack. Chose the Attack over the Maxxis!