Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Broadhead Problems >

Broadhead Problems

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead Problems

Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Broadhead Problems

I was sighting in my bow field points arrows are touching each other at 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards but when I switched to my broadheads they are shooting way low and to the left like not even on the target. I need help the Kentucky opener not to far off.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your bow is either not tuned properly, your arrows are not spined correctly, or you don't have enough fletching or the proper fletching to control you arrows. Another issue could be the broadheads themselves, if they are not good quality and or cheaply made that could also cause problems. I would start with bow tuning. easton archery has a good website with bow tuning charts and tips.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the guide 5shot speaks of.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf
Old 08-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming your arrows are correctly spined, and you are not getting fletch contact with your rest, it sounds like the rest needs to come up (or the nock point needs to come down), and the rest needs to move to the right. This assumes you are right handed. Reverse the left-right if you are a lefty. Make adjustments in very small increments, like 1/16" or less at a time. Shoot a few groups after each adjustment. The broadheads and fieldpoints should start coming together. Once they are hitting the same, you will probably need to sight in again.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tuned

Originally Posted by TFOX
Here is the guide 5shot speaks of.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf

Page 11 Fig.20 will show you everything you need to know to get them hitting the same spot...then your bow will be 'tuned', well almost i'd do a walk back check after that.

Sounds like you need to move your rest right and lower your nocking point....then when they are hitting the same place..adjust your sight to sight in.

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 08-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

A very simple way of putting this is the follow your field points. Move only one thing at a time, if the arrow is hitting low and to the left of the fp, then move the rest over to the right. Chase the fp and move the rest in small movements, this is only if the arrow is not contacting anything or wrong spine, torqueing the bow or the broadhead is misaligned.