Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
short vanes vs  long vanes >

short vanes vs long vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

short vanes vs long vanes

Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default short vanes vs long vanes

I've been shooting long vanes all my life wanting to go to the short vanes .Is thee a big differents in them .My rest is a biscuit,plus i shoot 2512 arrows and my draw is 32 .If anyone one can help .
Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot 2 inch Blazers and imo they shoot better then four inch vanes! I was worried about broadhead flight with them but in a side by side test the blazers shot better!
And with a WB the short vanes don't deform as bad as the longer vanes do!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

WV-T hats what i thought cause the longer vanes seem to get wrinkled up after about 30- 60 shots thats why i'm wanting to go to the short ones .Thank you so much for your imput .
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Spike

I shoot a whisker biscuits and my 2" blazer vanes are more accurate than my long vanes. You get a few longer fPS with them and they last much longer.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Spike

Blazers are half the weight of regular 4 inch plastic vanes. Half the weight means a faster arrow! Blazers still give you all the control due to the way they are shaped. Blazers i believe last longer because there is less plastic to make contact with your rest. Now they have mini blazers that are only around 1 inch. I have shot them and liked them.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I Just went down and bought 3 gold tip velocity xt with blazer vanes and shot them side by side with my gold tip 75/ 95 with feathers and noticed very little difference, I also threw on one of my muzzy mx-4 broad head and had good flight with the feathers and the blazers, the blazer should prove more durable than my feathers thats the only reason I am switching to blazers
Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Gold Tip comes with Vane Tec 2" HP vanes from the factory. They look just like the Blazer but a little lighter. You can also get the low profile vanes from Vane Tec in a 2-3" length which are Super Stiff (SS). I have found these to be the best out a biscuit!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

The Archery shop I bought my gold tips from custom builds them with blazers.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Spike

If you take a lighter to those wrinkled vanes they will straighten out . Run the flame back and forth and make sure you dont burn the vanes . When you heat it up enuff the wrinkles will magically vanish . But i shoot blazers and love them . The wind dont mess with them as much as the longer vanes .