Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

please help

Old 08-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Spike

Default please help

i've had my destroyer 350 for about 12 weeks. it was tuned perfect. shot bullet holes though the paper, walked back tuned,and field points grouped with my fixed blade broad heads.everything was awsome untill today.
my son who is 14 decided he was going to try to draw my bow. i was not home when it happened but, from what he told me it sounds like he derailed it. he wasn't injured but needless to say i need new string and cables. i order a set from winners chioce. i dont know anything about tuning when it comes to string and cables. is it hard to tune a d 350. anyone have any tips or tricks i should know.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tunes just like any other bow.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

one very good tip...tell your kid hands off..i would be ripped,,how old is he and why is he playing with stuff when you arnt home...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I was you I would take the bow to the shop for a complete check up. Limbs, cams, axles, etc.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Spike

i did take it to the shop. everything appears to be fine. the only thing that was dameged is the string and cables.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
one very good tip...tell your kid hands off..i would be ripped,,how old is he and why is he playing with stuff when you arnt home...
Wow lol. He said he was 14... He may have been completely capable of handling the bow so no need to jump to conclusions...

The design flaw with these bows makes them very easy to derail upon let down...

To the OP, a new set of strings and time the bow and u should be good to go. It's just another bow.

Unfortunately the nature of these speed bows makes them easy to derail, and one must be extra careful when letting them down; especially with fingers
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Spike

I just baught a pse x force omen and its less than a year old. I had it tuned and set up perfect but i cant even shoot a group at all . it seems like somethings wrong with it bad but everything is level and square. does anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing this problem, , , seems like my arrows are flying all over the place . and how much money can i get out of it if i sell it ?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

js - Did you tune the bow or have it tuned? What kind of rest, arrows (spine and length), draw weight. Are you shooting fingers or release? You left out way too many variables for anyone to tell you what to do.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
js - Did you tune the bow or have it tuned? What kind of rest, arrows (spine and length), draw weight. Are you shooting fingers or release? You left out way too many variables for anyone to tell you what to do.

ime shooting 64 lbs drawl weight,, hostage pro rest ,, my bow is tuned paper tuned, gold tip arrows 3555s 26 3/4 long . the manual for gold tip says ime right on the edge of needing the stronger spines but as short as my arrows are the guy who wors on my bow says ime fine,, ime shooting a release,, i love the bow how it drawls and shoots ,, its just that ive ben shooting for a ong time and always have shot a pretty tight group and this bow should perform very well and ime not getting the acuracy i need ... if you could gime some dvice i do thank you and again ,, how much can i get out of it if i decide to sell it? thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming a 100 gr point weight, the Easton shaft selector indicates you should be shooting an arrow with .375 - .400 spine. How does that compare to your arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.