Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
let-off question >

let-off question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

let-off question

Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Spike

Default let-off question

this is probably stupid, but after owning different bows all the way back to the old whitetail, i do not know a thing about let-off.

if a bow (bowtech admiral) has a 65-80% let off range, how does one know where it is set? the online owners manual does not answer the question, although it mentions that the let off can be adjusted "up to 80%."

for reasons of back problems, what would be the pros and cons of getting more let off if my bow is at 65%?

thanks for any replies
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well bama first sorry to hear about your back trouble. Let off is simply the amount of weight you are holding at full draw. For example if your bow is set at a peak weight of 70 lb., with a 65% let off you would be holding about 24.5 lb, with 80% let off you would be holding about 14 lb. The problem is that your back is still going to have to tolerate the peak weight of 70 lb (or whatever) until your cam(s) roll over to give you your let off.