Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton arrows

Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Spike

Default Easton arrows

Can any one give me any technical data on the easton epic carbon 400? I was just given 2 dozen and want to know if they are compatible with my bow. My draw length is 29" at 70lbs. single cam bow with an IBO of 302. If you know anything about this arrow or have shot them in your bow please tell me about their performance and penetration abilities. These are not the new epic 400 st, just regular carbon epic 400's. Thanx in advance
Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

At 29" and 70# you fall in between the 340 and the 400
If you are shooting a tip of 100gr. or more you should be ok!
The Epic's are 8.7 gpi(grains per inch) and the rule of thumb is an arrow of at least 5gr. per pound of draw weight so for 70# that would be a 350 grain arrow.

Epic-8.7gpi at 29"= 252grains + weight of nock and incert,so if you shoot a tip of 100gr. or more you should be fine!

I bought some of them from a website for a good deal to use for ground hogs,and have been very pleased they fly very well are durable and pentrate very well,for a low price arrow they exceeded my expectations!

Last edited by wvnimrod; 04-15-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

Thanks for the information wynimrod. I'll probably use them for hog hunting but will be getting something else for deer. Anyone have any recommendations. I use muzzy 100 gr. fixed 3 blade broadheads and am looking for something with a 0.002 or less tolerance, as sometimes my shots can reach 40-50 yds. out there.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

The Carbon Express Maxima or the Easton st Axis are good choices in a carbon shaft with tight tolerances, but if you already have two doz. of the epics I wouldn't be afraid to use them for deer!
As I said earlier I shoot them at ground hogs tipped with 100gr. muzzy's and they fly very true,I would also use them for deer but I have a doz. of the Maxima's, but if I didn't I would use the Epic's!
Shoot them and see how well they fly you may be surprised! Good luck
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you can cut them down a bit they will work even better. This will stiff them up some.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could still be a little weak, depending on what bow that is. If you get a weak pattern, back the limbs out a little. At 29" and about 65#, you'd probably be "better spined."