Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Got a new peep sight, now struggling. >

Got a new peep sight, now struggling.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got a new peep sight, now struggling.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Spike

Default Got a new peep sight, now struggling.

I was shooting just fine, then my old peep sight went flying out. I took it to a shop, got all new strings, cables, and a new peep sight. Now I can't hit a thing!!! I know it is a pretty vague description, but any advice on how to get back to putting arrows where I want them? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 AM
bigcountry

Peep has to be adjusted for the individual user and has to match the diameter of the sight relatively. When you view thru a peep with the newer round housing sight, you chould only be able to the whole ring. Most are bright orange. Too large or too small can cause issues. If you pull back with your eyes closed, and then open and not dead on sight adjust up and down until you are.

They are super easy to tie in. No need for a shope or anything.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Spike

When I shoot, I can put 3 arrows right on top of each other, problem is they are 6" higher than where I aimed. I have adjusted my 20 yd. sight pin quite a few times, but no matter how much I move it I am still 6" too high. Starting to get frustrated.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Something is moving on you!! Stand 5-10yds from the target shoot three shots and different areas and adjust site. Do it again, if hitting in the same place then all is well, back up to 20yds and do again.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's pretty simple. Your new peep sight was installed higher than your old peep sight was. Move it down on the string.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Spike

Finally got it figured out. Thanks for all the help.