Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bowtech- Conflicting specs. Im confused. >

Bowtech- Conflicting specs. Im confused.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech- Conflicting specs. Im confused.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech- Conflicting specs. Im confused.

Ok, the bowtech website lists the spects for the destroyer 340 at 7" bh and 32 3/8 ata. But the card on the bow at the bow shop says ATA is 32 5/8 and 7 1/8 BH.

Who should I beleive. The website, or the card on the bow?

Why are they different.

Thanks
WV
Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Spike

I think specs are different on all the bowtechs
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Spike

the measurements on the card could be the actual measurements for that bow. i know bowtech checks every bow individually and runs them through the chrono but the point is that every bow will measure slightly different with the way the cables are set up. however, i believe that with the right adjustments of the cables you can bring it in to spec.....but if it came from bowtech and the draw weight is right, i would not screw too much with it.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I should have clarified. The card I am talking about on the bow was not the birth certificate but a generic information card with listings for all bowtechs.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Spike

Git her set-up @ a proshopz and don't screw wit her leave her alone !!! Thas the best solution to a bows specs they are not all gonna be the same !!! Good luck bro
Old 03-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvdeerhunter22
I should have clarified. The card I am talking about on the bow was not the birth certificate but a generic information card with listings for all bowtechs.

Two different people typing info off of two different spread sheets.

Typos and mess like that happen way more frequenlty then you might think.... even on tech sheets.... and let me tell you what... it can really mess with your mind.

Long and short of it is.... check your cam timing, make sure your draw length is right, make sure your peak weight hits, make sure your arrows fly true.... and you'll likely find that 1/4" ain't that big a deal at all. If your brace is low... your ATA should be long. If you brace is high.... your ATA should be short. If your brace is dead nuts... hopefully your ATA is too.... but don't sweat it either way.