Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Good online shop suggestion for tricking out a bare Hoyt Katera XL for 3d/hunting >

Good online shop suggestion for tricking out a bare Hoyt Katera XL for 3d/hunting

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good online shop suggestion for tricking out a bare Hoyt Katera XL for 3d/hunting

Old 02-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Good online shop suggestion for tricking out a bare Hoyt Katera XL for 3d/hunting

Hi all,
I'm a European bowhunter and I need some help choosing accessories for my new Hoyt Katera XL that I just bought.

I'm going to use it for 3d competitions and hunting.

I'll be needing the following :
  • arrow rest
  • 5 pin optical sight
  • release
  • a shortish stabiliser
  • quiver

Looking for good quality items but nothing that's going to break the bank. All realtree apg camo to match the bow if possible.

Any suggestions for these items?

Do you also know of any good archery online shop where I could find all these accessories?

Many thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Spike

Lancaster Archery has good prices, great cutomer service and probably a larger slection that any one else.

Lancasterarchery.com
Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Spike

Great !

They sure seem to have a greater range than cabelas.com

Originally Posted by Farmingdales finest
Lancaster Archery has good prices, great cutomer service and probably a larger slection that any one else.

Lancasterarchery.com
Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb Rest

Jeff B. explained to me that the Hoyt Cam.5 bows generally shoot better with a rest with some vertical support, either a shoot through rest or if you want a drop away rest, then something like the Vaportrail Limbdriver rest. IMO, the sight, stabilizer, quiver, etc. are personal preference.

I should be getting a new in box Katera (non-XL) from a guy on the Archerytalk classifieds. I am going to first try it with an HHA Techniglide rest that I already have. I may go to the limbdriver if I am not happy with the HHA.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JOE PA
Jeff B. explained to me that the Hoyt Cam.5 bows generally shoot better with a rest with some vertical support, either a shoot through rest or if you want a drop away rest, then something like the Vaportrail Limbdriver rest. IMO, the sight, stabilizer, quiver, etc. are personal preference.

I should be getting a new in box Katera (non-XL) from a guy on the Archerytalk classifieds. I am going to first try it with an HHA Techniglide rest that I already have. I may go to the limbdriver if I am not happy with the HHA.
I was considering the Nap Quick tune 1000.
A friend recommended it.
Any thought?
Lots of folks seem to use the Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit but I don't like the design and think it's got to have some degree of negative effect on accuracy...
Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up nap 1000

That should be a good rest to start with, and see how you like it. They work fine. Most guys now seem to think a drop away rest is necessary, but they really aren't. The Whisker Biscuit works pretty well. I have on on one of my bows and the accuracy is very good. A bow with some vertical nock travel like the Cam and a Half bows may benefit from the vertical cushioning that the NAP would have, but the Whisker Biscuit does not.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I won't recommend what kind of rest, everyone has their opinion not necessarily what you'll like. I know, I've probably used everything on the market. What I like may not be what you like..

But as far as buying check out ebay. I've got some sweet deals on ebay.