Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Length?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Length?

As a rule of thumb if my draw length is @ 26" , what should my arrow length be without a tip on it? Thanks...
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Bartender

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tech...my-set-up.html

Some great advice on this page
Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my post from that thread. I start with a length and build my arrow from there.

Everyone may want their arrows to be cut different. I shoot a 28" draw and have cut my arrows 27.5" for years. When I build an arrow I choose spine, etc, based on that finished length.

While you can add length, it is not necessary unless it makes you feel more comfy.

Things to remember when building a set of arrows are:
1. make sure all parts, inserts, nocks, etc, are installed properly and are straight
2. Proper spine
3. Proper FOC
4. The best fletching that works for you. Don't be afraid to experiment during off season. I do every year.

Dan