Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

DIY Rangefinder

Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

Wink DIY Rangefinder

Been checking out the "Tagged Out" ranging system by Bad River Outdoors as a cheap way of ranging and due to serious $ problems decided to do some experimenting of my own. By following their set up instructions using a 16" cutout, I found that at 20 yds the distance between the top of my sight level and my 20 yd pin worked perfectly! As a bonus, my 30 yd pin was dead on too! I'm not shooting a particularly fast bow but I'm sure anyone could set at least one pin to work by moving their site up or down. Check out B.R.O.'s site to see what I'm talking about. I'm sure just about everyone could afford their very reasonably priced product, but if you like tinkering like me you you may want to try this.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

These types of ranging aids have been around for years. I guess they are better than nothing.

Depending on the type of hunting you do a good range finder is a very handy piece of equipment to have, and in some situations they are really not needed.

I know mine has been the difference on more than one occasion though. I hope it continues to work. I wouldn't look forward to having to buy another one.

Dan