Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Rage two blade heads >

Rage two blade heads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage two blade heads

Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Spike

Question Rage two blade heads

I tried the rage 2 blade heads this past year and shot a doe broadside at 18 yards. Made a perfect behind the shoulder hit. The arrow went in about 12 inches and the deer ran off. Started tracking a very sparse blood trail, and found my arrow laying on the ground with both blades broken off. The blades had to have broken on the rib cage bones. Has anyone else had this problem with the Rage two blade head?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

No , I have never had a problem with the 2 blade rage . I have always gotten complete pass throughs . My arrows are about 435 grains (including the 100 grain broadhead) .
Old 01-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I sell quite a few Rage heads, and it seems to be a Love, Hate relationship. Either a guy Loves them or Hates them.

Most complaints are the O-rings, Blades breaking, lack of penetration, and on occasion a broken ferrule. IMHO I think they are one of the better expandables on the market. My preference in mechanicals would be Spitfire XP's. Snypers also being a good choice.

I personally prefer a rugged well made fixed blade broadhead, but I admit the mechanicals are tempting. A couple of failures and you do tend to lose your interest though.

Dan
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

The only problem I see with the Rage is the price .
Rage has an awesome customer service . Great folks there .
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use the search feature and you can find mountains of posts covering the entire love/hate spectrum described by MeanV(Dan).

I have killed a couple dozen deer with them without issues so I am on the love side of the spectrum. The blood trails are outrageously short but you have to stay out of the shoulder bone structure to include the scapula. Get a cut-on-contact fixed head if you want more pentration.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 AM
Spike

This is my first year using them and like Kwilson said, stay away from the shoulder, I shot a doe at 30 yds and hit her in the shoulder stopped right there she ran off, only blood was rubbed off in the swamp, I sot another doe at like 25 and that blew clean through and broke 2 ribs, and he blood trail was amazng
Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use them and blow through several ribs going in and coming out. I do try to be careful about placement and I don't hit the shoulder, that kills penetration with any broadhead. I have seen some great blood trails with these heads.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I use them and blow through several ribs going in and coming out. I do try to be careful about placement and I don't hit the shoulder, that kills penetration with any broadhead. I have seen some great blood trails with these heads.
When I shot mine the blood trail was 12-15 feet wide
Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Spike

Check this out, makes me want to stick with fixed blade bh's. Found this video on youtube if you just type in broadhead test. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0
Old 01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen the video before . I don't compare a deer to a rusty steel barrel . No problem with the Rage 2 .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.