Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
MOSSBERG 500 owners please help >

MOSSBERG 500 owners please help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MOSSBERG 500 owners please help

Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

Default MOSSBERG 500 owners please help

I need to know which choke i need to get. I'm wanting to buy a tru-glo gobble-stopper extreme choke from bass pro. the choke and sight combo. which one do i need to get as far as the thread size?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wasn't aware that Mossberg is making bows.......

Anyway, I shoot a 500 with accuchokes, I use the standard full choke with 3" Win. Super X #5 turkey loads. Dead turkey out to 30 yds, no problem. I generally set up where if I can see the bird, he's within 30 yds.

A "better" choke may gain you some range. Be sure to pattern it, and limit your range to the distance that you consistently get a dozen or so pellets in the head/neck.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

It should tell you on the package which guns the choke tube will fit. Don't know much about Mossberg's so not sure which choke system they utilize.

Try posting this in the turkey forum or one of the gun forums.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

if you just go to academy or bass pro they have mossberg chokes. As far as what kind of choke u need being modified, full, or improved cylinder etc. that all depends on what you will be shooting at. But this is the bow forum If you post this again on a rifle or gun forum which is on here you can probably get a better answer.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Do what I do: Just sneak within 10 yards, then blast 'em. Doesn't matter what choke you're using (or even if the pipe has NO choke).

Kinda hard on the meat, however.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Great suggestions, Thanks.