Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Hello! Looking for advise. >

Hello! Looking for advise.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hello! Looking for advise.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
jdn
Spike

Default Hello! Looking for advise.

My first post...
I recently bought a Buckmaster G2XL for my son from a local shop here in Alabama second hand and it has a W3 draw module on it now but I think its at least 2 inches too long for him. Could anyone tell me where to find a chart that explains what module yields desired lengths? Please tell me where to purchase? I think he needs a W5 or W6 but I don't really know for sure.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

From my experience working in a shop I can confirm your thoughts. Bear seems to be the only one that marks their modules backwards. For 2" you do need a w5. You can also get another inch or so by loosening the bolt/nut in the peg that both ends of the string attach to. Then it can be slid either way to change the draw. This is a really nice feature for fine tuning the draw length.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
jdn
Spike

Good info. I thank you. COuld you tell me where to buy one?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would start by checking Bear's website for a dealer near you. Any dealer should have some modules. One of the box stores such as Bass Pro or Gander Mt. should have some. I used to work at a Gander store and we had gobs of them. Barring that a call to Bear's customer service might set you up.