Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Cam Timing on Bowtech SWAT >

Cam Timing on Bowtech SWAT

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam Timing on Bowtech SWAT

Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

Default Cam Timing on Bowtech SWAT

I could use some help. I've been through some older threads but wasn't able to glean what I needed. I have a new Bowtech SWAT (which replaced a 15 year old PSE that I never had to tune - it always seemed to be just right) and decided this time around I am going to get to know my bow. I bought a vise and a press and some other tuning essentials and basically tore the bow apart and set it up from scratch. I've had fun and moderate success. I have not paper tuned yet but have decent clustering of arrows up to 40 yards.

One thing I've noticed however is that the timing dots on the cams are not in synch. I've read about twisting the cables, etc. but I can't figure out what the timing dots are telling me and why the dots should be synched, whether at full draw or at rest.

Can anyone elaborate and explain what it means to be in time? What does a mis-timed bow result in? And how do I get the bow in time? Which dots do I want at rest and which do I want at full draw? That is, should I tighten one cable, or loosen another?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Orange,
Cam timing is a complex and often 'discussed' issue.

I borrowed a CAMirror and used the CAMirrior device/method to time my 82nd (Thanks Dan!!). The best advice I can give you is to start reading and form your own opinions.

Here is the thread to order a CAMirror and it includes discussion on binary cam timing.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/technica...camirrora.html
Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Agree about the Camirror. Great Tool and well worth the price! I timed several sets of cams with it. Others as well as my own personal bows.

It works Great!!

Dan