Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Ripcord drop-away >

Ripcord drop-away

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord drop-away

Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ripcord drop-away

I currently use a Rip cord fall-away rest. I use blazer vanes and have noticed fletching paint on the rest indicating that the vane is touching the vane at release. Is just an adjustment problem? I have the **** vane to the left. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I also use the rip cord and have shot blazers and fobs without any contact! I don't know where your having the contact if it is on the rest or the containment arm you may need to raise or lower your nock point! also you may want to try **** vane up/down but that shouldn't cause a problem I have shot **** vane up/down/right and left and all grouped together. I would check your nock point and see if you are at center!

Check out the rip cord set up video at www.bowtuningtips.com
it may help out some! HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

the **** vane (feather) should be up with the RipCord regardless if your shooting Blazers, or any other size vanes (feathers), also it may also be a timing problem with the rest
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 AM
bigcountry

Could be setup. Ripcord drops very fast. If you nocking point is low, it could cause this. If your ripcord is timed too slow (which I doubt) then it could cause this.

REason I say I doubt its timed to slow is there is no play in a ripcord to time it real slow.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Been wanting to get a rip-cord but if they have this kind of problem I don't need one.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by ARMallardSlayer
Been wanting to get a rip-cord but if they have this kind of problem I don't need one.
I myself highly suggest against it. Not because of this issue but because I need a hunting rest. Not one where if I need to let down slowly, the arrow can fall off. Great for shooting in the yard or 3d but not a great hunting rest. QAD much better IMO.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I myself highly suggest against it. Not because of this issue but because I need a hunting rest. Not one where if I need to let down slowly, the arrow can fall off. Great for shooting in the yard or 3d but not a great hunting rest. QAD much better IMO.
I have been using the rip cord for a couple of years now and i've never had an arrow FALL off in a slow let down, the arrow will drop right into the holder and I can almost lay my bow sideways and my arrow will stay in the holder! And I believe that for people who were worried about that happening they have redesigned so it won't drop on a slow let down! Don't take me wrong I agree the QAD is a great rest,but so is the RIP CORD!! And I can say first hand there customer service is the best i've seen!!! I needed a new cord to install on a new bow and was sent everything I would need....FOR FREE!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I have been using the rip cord for a couple of years now and i've never had an arrow FALL off in a slow let down, the arrow will drop right into the holder and I can almost lay my bow sideways and my arrow will stay in the holder! And I believe that for people who were worried about that happening they have redesigned so it won't drop on a slow let down! Don't take me wrong I agree the QAD is a great rest,but so is the RIP CORD!! And I can say first hand there customer service is the best i've seen!!! I needed a new cord to install on a new bow and was sent everything I would need....FOR FREE!!!!
Hey man, your bow have at it. I myself won't install the goofy little holder. For me, I hate it. Your bow, your rest.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Spike

I am on Rip Cord number 5 and lover them just got their new one put on my new Z7 and it is fast at fall away. IMO your nock point is low. Brother hasa QAD and he wished he would have done the new Rip Cord.

Rusty
Old 01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by WEBFOOTII
Brother hasa QAD and he wished he would have done the new Rip Cord.

Rusty

Did he say why? I can't imagine why someone in thier right mind would say that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.