Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Saw

Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default Arrow Saw

What's the cheapest arrow saw I could get?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure. I used to have the Easton saw and it was great. Didn't seem all that expensive either. Before I got a saw I used to use a tubing cutter and deburr it. Not sure how that would work on the new arrow shafts though.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
Not sure. I used to have the Easton saw and it was great. Didn't seem all that expensive either. Before I got a saw I used to use a tubing cutter and deburr it. Not sure how that would work on the new arrow shafts though.
It would work great with aluminum arrows but would splinter carbons. trust me i tried :P
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I picked up a 6" cut off saw($38.00) from Harbor Freight, 7800 rpm's it should work for both carbon/aluminum arrows. I haven't tried it yet but soon will.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

The little mini Chop saw($25.00) from Habor Freight. Take the wood blade off and put a chop saw blade in. You can mount this on the work table, screw a 3' piece of angle iron 1 1/2X1 1/2 light stuff works fine. Glue or screw down a good yard stick, in the right place. You can buy a block or make your own, to hold the back of the arrow. Make block maybe 2" wide 1 1/2" of wood will be glued inside against the top and the one side, the gap will sit on the angle iron. Now if you drill a hole on the part that overhangs the iron, weld a nut on it and get a wing bolt that wil screw into it. Drill a 1/2" hole in the block, where the arrow will go. Now you can slide the block to the length you need to cut your arrows lock in place and cut. One more thing I place a triangle cut piece of 2X next to the blade to keep my hands on the shaft to turn the shaft without haveing to lower the saw blade. I bring the shaft to the blade not the other way.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Spike

Bought this one last year when it was $85.00. http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...st-p-8968.html
It's a great saw. I wouldn't buy an arrow saw with less than 8,000 rpm because of cutting carbon's. It comes with a vaccum attachment. It also came with 2 "Spin Testers" which are required by anyone who wants to shoot fixed blade broadheads accuratly! I don't know if you could consider that cheap, but at the time it was the "Best Value", and still may be?

Last edited by Average Joe; 12-29-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Make your own Arrow Cutoff

Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking saw!