Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

release trouble

Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Spike

Default release trouble

I'm new to using a release - scott little bitty goose , and am starting to have trouble . Will touching the body of the release while pulling the trigger cause it to hang up a bit , cuz that's what's starting to happen every couple of shots . Any advice would be helpful .
Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Not if it's a good release. Years ago I used to use the Failsafe thumb release (no longer made) which was as good as they come for about $20. Now you have to spend over $100 to get something that good. Since it's one of the most important parts of shooting success I wouldn't scrimp on a cheap one.

Looking at the release you have it would seem to be okay and has gotten good reviews. The trigger should work independent of the bow weight on a good release.

I'd attach it to something other then the bowstring and play with it some to see what might be happening.

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-17-2009 at 08:11 AM.