Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Hha fine tuning the dial >

Hha fine tuning the dial

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hha fine tuning the dial

Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
srk
Spike

Default Hha fine tuning the dial

I purchased an HHA DS XL5519, I was reading the instructions and came to the fine tuning the dial section at the bottom and it says
Insert a 7/64 hex
wrench in the hole in the OPTIMIZER decal in the center of the dial. Only problem is there does not seem to be anything to loosen with a hex head in that location. Does this apply to this sight any suggestions?
Ken

FINE TUNING THE DIAL
Fine adjustments to the dial may be required to correct for slight changes in your
shooting style, peep sight movement, or arrow rest adjustment. To loosen dial, first lock
the dial and arm securely in place by tightening the knurled lock knob. Insert a 7/64 hex
wrench in the hole in the OPTIMIZER decal in the center of the dial. While grasping the
dial firmly, rotate the wrench counter clockwise to loosen the dial. Rotate the dial to the
desired position and relock the dial by rotating the wrench clockwise
Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's there you just can't see it.
Stick the Allen wrench in there and you will feel it grab the set screw.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
srk
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
It's there you just can't see it.
Stick the Allen wrench in there and you will feel it grab the set screw.
Pushed the allen wrench in and turned a little harder and found the set screw. Thanks a bunch
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the fine tuning for the dial for??? I got one a few weeks back and literally just threw it on, shot a 20 and 60, put the tape on, and its golden... Or are you guys talking about a different adjustment?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
srk
Spike

Originally Posted by drockw
What is the fine tuning for the dial for??? I got one a few weeks back and literally just threw it on, shot a 20 and 60, put the tape on, and its golden... Or are you guys talking about a different adjustment?
I used the fine tuning because straight out of the box mine was not sitting on 0 it was on 2 1/2 to 3 so I was able to adjust it to 0 using the fine tuning adjustment.

Fine adjustments to the dial may be required to correct for slight changes in your
shooting style, peep sight movement, or arrow rest adjustment
. To loosen dial, first lock
the dial and arm securely in place by tightening the knurled lock knob. Insert a 7/64 hex
wrench in the hole in the OPTIMIZER decal in the center of the dial. While grasping the
dial firmly, rotate the wrench counter clockwise to loosen the dial. Rotate the dial to the
desired position and relock the dial by rotating the wrench clockwise