Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 High Country 3 gr per #bows >

High Country 3 gr per #bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

High Country 3 gr per #bows

Old 04-10-2003, 09:48 AM

Default High Country 3 gr per #bows

Got to try a couple of High Country' s new bows at the Wisconsin Deer and Turykey Expo. Shot one at the 3 grains per pound, felt a bit brave at the time. I forget the name of the bow, but it was one with their new single cam. Shot it with one of their 3 grain per # carbon arrow. That thing had quite a bit of hand shock. Has anybody else had a chance to try these things out? What did you think.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:07 AM

Default RE: High Country 3 gr per #bows

I think there new " Marketing scam" is well......a scam[]

I do however like the looks of there new vertical drop rest - looks like a little zero effect / drop zone hybrid.

I just e-mailed them to find out if it is out yet.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:36 AM

The " marketing Scam" reeks of a company desperate for market shares to me...makes me leery of the cutomer service in the future. Are they going to BE there next year??
Old 04-10-2003, 11:46 AM

I' m not saying that their bows aren' t quality. I' d have to own one for a couple years before commenting on that. I do like the carbon risers. Very light bows and if carbon can be used for the exotic car frames and other high-tec applications then I don' t see why they couldn' t hold up for a riser.

Unless you' re planning on shooting pretty far without knowing the distance, I just don' t know why you would want to put your bow(and yourself) through the punishment of 3 gr per #. I would have liked to try it out with a heavier arrow but they were pushing the 3 gr per # bit.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one at the ATA show in Indy and I did not like it at all!
I wont buy a bow because if some shady underhanded things that spencer has done in the past with a cam design he bought from a company and never paid for. plus the customer service dept is already the lousiest in the industry.
nothing personal aginst the company I just dont trust them.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Everyone has an opinion!
Old 04-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t care what they say at 3grs per lb sooner or later that babies gonna blow. Maybe they could sell a free life insurance policy with each bow.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

the bows were actually shot at 3.5 grains per pounds and the whole deal about the dry fire machine was to show what the carbon risers would take the 3.5 is what the bow is rated for and is very shootable take a competitors bow and shoot it it will be fast but it defiantly will vibrate you to death and can not absorb the lite weight arrows like the carbon does. there not trying to get everyone out there shooting that light weight stuff but if you want to it is ok
Old 04-10-2003, 07:32 PM

there not trying to get everyone out there shooting that light weight stuff but if you want to it is ok
O.K.??? Yea the riser can take it, most good alum can also. But how about the strings, and the axles - are they super carbon also?????

If the string blows - AND IT WILL - kiss the whole bow, and half your face goodbye[][:' (]

Maybe next year they will market the cam and 1/2 your face[]
Old 04-10-2003, 08:16 PM

I bought a HighCountry SSR back in january it was a 2002 left over,The reason i even looked into trying it out was the price on it,they had it marked down from $500 to $349 but after i picked it up and shot it i really liked it,it had a little hand jump to it but not as much as some of the other bows i' ve owned.It' s got the carbon riser,it' s 31" ata,weighs 2.45#s i have it set at 29" draw lenghth at 70#s and shoot a 374 grain arrow.It shoots good for me and is pretty quiet,some of the things i' m not real happy with is the small sight window and the holes tapped for the accesories strip out real easy so now i have to use longer screws than what normaly come with the sights,i see the new 2003 models have brass inserts in them.But all in all i' m happy with it.

Quick Reply: High Country 3 gr per #bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.