HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   HHA yardage strips? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/274908-hha-yardage-strips.html)

Black Stick 11-22-2008 01:26 PM

HHA yardage strips?

HHA single pin sights have wheel that you can stick a tape to with different yardages that are marked on it out to 60 yards. According to their instructions. Sight the bow in at 20 and then at 60. Then select the tape that corresponds. Well, guess what. None of them are short enough. Also, I find it hard to believe that those premade tapes are accurate at 30, 40 and 50 when all you do is sight it in at 20 and 60. So, I have taken the blank strips and marked it myself out to 90 yards. Can I order one special from HHA that goes out to 90? I am a man that appreciates style and my markings with a sharpie are just not as cool as the fancy tapes that HHA provides.

SwampCollie 11-22-2008 02:18 PM

RE: HHA yardage strips?

That would be a question for HHA. I've never heard of one not being short enough? What are you shooting a 25-06 or something? You sure you followed the instructions correctly? Used the set up tape?

Black Stick 11-22-2008 03:40 PM

I'll do it again and call HHA if I have a problem. Thanks SC.

MeanV2 11-22-2008 05:44 PM

I have sighted in several bows for that particular sight, and it has always been spot on. I would Not even consider using another sight anymore.

My fastest bow I sighted in was 306fps. How fast are you shooting?

Dan

Black Stick 11-22-2008 05:54 PM

335 fps, but I am going to send it in to get super tuned after hunting season and get one of your string suppressors, so I might be up to 10 fps faster in February.

bigbulls 11-22-2008 07:17 PM

If done properly those tapes are spot on down to the exact yard but they are only as accurate as the perosn doing the sighting in. At 335 fpsyou might be shooting too fast for the tapes in which case they have the blank tapes. I am shooting right at 270 fps and use #41.

Black Stick 11-22-2008 07:21 PM

That's what I figured. I think I remember reading that the tapes are good for bows shooting up to a certain speed, and that I was shooting faster than that, but I do not remember the given speed. Right now I am using those blank tapes.

Dopler 11-24-2008 02:32 PM

I have some spare HHA tapes from my kit, if you need one, let me know the # and I'll mail it to you.I used tape #26 which I think is the third fastest one they have in the kit. I sighted in at 20 and 60 and the other yardage markers were all dead on. Best sighting is system there is.

Black Stick 11-24-2008 02:34 PM

I emailed HHA and they said that they have faster ones than are normally sent. They are going to send me some new ones for free.

MeanV2 11-24-2008 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I emailed HHA and they said that they have faster ones than are normally sent. They are going to send me some new ones for free.
That's customer service!

Kudo's to HHA!!

Dan