Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec? >

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Old 03-30-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Hello all, I' m new to this forum world and was just curious on your input. Im shooting 53# with a 28" draw and was wondering what bow i should buy this spring. Im Really looking at these 4 bows.
Mathews LX
Mathews Legacy
Hoyt CyberTec
BowTec Patriot
Please give me your input on which bow you guys have tested performed the best. I am going to the shop next week to demo the LX and CyberTec.

Old 03-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Just a couple weeks ago, I was facing this same dilemma. I shot the Patriot Dually, the Mathews Legacy, both the Hoyt Dynatec and Razortec and a Darton bow. I finally chose the Hoyt Razortec because--to me--the draw felt the smoothest and I liked most everything I had read and heard about this bow. I haven' t been disappointed!
Old 03-30-2003, 06:31 PM

Thank you, I am shooting them next weekend so hopefully i can make my decision then.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Three more " must trys" to add to your list--

Merlin Lite Storm 2 with Omega Hybrid cam--offers best of CPS and Cam.5, Sweet.
Kodiak Outdoors Bowlogic 32 or 36----Best new " pure" hunting bow of 2003 IMHO.
Diamond Machete----True " sleeper" of the industry. Low shock and recoil, fast.

After having tested all of the bows above and the ones you' ve mentioned, all three of these above can easily wrestle with the other " popular" bows you mentioned, and IMHO either come out ahead or at least tied with them also. Have fun trying them all, I love that part! Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 03-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello all, I' m new to this forum world and was just curious on your input. Im shooting 53# with a 28" draw and was wondering what bow i should buy this spring. Im Really looking at these 4 bows.
Mathews LX
Mathews Legacy
Hoyt CyberTec
BowTec Patriot
Please give me your input on which bow you guys have tested performed the best. I am going to the shop next week to demo the LX and CyberTec.
My vote goes to the Hoyt! It' s a personal preference for the bows you mentioned. I like the feel of the Hoyt (grip) over the others.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the input bow and pin ill check them out thanks
Old 03-30-2003, 08:10 PM

My preference is definitley the Hoyt, I shoot the razortec, but the cyber and the ultratec are also very popular, smooth, accurate and fast. try them all and get the one that feels most stable to you. that way you will shoot your best.

bowjer
Old 03-31-2003, 05:43 AM

Decisions, decisions????
What are you using the bow for? I personally LOVE my Legacy, I know the LX is a little faster, but the one I shot had a little vibration to it. I' ve only shot a couple of Hoyts and the two brands of bows felt very different to me. I would have to go with a Legacy, but I might be biased. Good Luck on your decision, let us know of your choice.

J. Shoot [:-]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunt, with your draw length & weight, a Patriot Dually will allow you to shoot a fairly heavy arrow, and still have some speed (if that' s a consideration). Mine at 55#, 29" draw shoots a 368 gr arrow 288. I intend to experiment with heavier arrows over the summer. Just think, I can shoot an arrow over 400 gr and still get 260-270 at 55#. I can live with that.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the others sort of hinted at what I am going to say about your issue. Each bow not only has its own individual feel but also a specific area or areas that it might " perform" slightly better in when compared with the other models in question.

For example, the Bowtech model probably is the fastest of the bunch with good inherent accuracy levels due to its riser/limb configuration as well as its brace height but I do not think I would classify it as the smoothest drawing...

On the other hand you have the Hoyt and the Mathews which draw smoother but do not generate as much speed.

There are always trade-offs. What you need to ask yourself is what is your main priority or priorities and which bow feels best to you.

Sorry I could not help more...but I do not think you can really " go wrong" with any of the bows in question.

Quick Reply: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.