Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 High Country Bows >

High Country Bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

High Country Bows

Old 08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default High Country Bows

What do you folks think about High Country Bows? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Country Bows

You need to talk to quicksilver. I'd liketo check one out but the closest place is somewhere in PA.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Spike

I have 2 HCA bows, a carbon 4 runner and a powerforce X-1. both are good bows! High Country makes some fine bows!!

I want to try out their new Speedforce bow! The carbon 4 runner is my main bow...it's just a sweet shooting bow!! I would be interested in hearing about some feedback about that Speedforce!!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 PM

I bought my girlfriend an old HCA this spring. Even for being one of their lower end bows it is an exceptional bow. Reasonably quiet, forgiving, and pretty smooth too.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 PM

i shoot a mathews drenalin but i shot a high country dont remember its name but its very short axel to axel it was a great bow very forgiving for its size also very easy draw
Old 09-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quik and I shoot the same bow. 2007 HCA Iron Mace

However, thats where the similarities with our bows end.

Quik uses his to launch super lite arrows at around 370fps (yes 370fps). I use mine to launch 480gr arrows at around 275fps.... and thats at 61#s to boot.

Some of my buddies who shoot mathews say the bow has a bit of thump to it. A mathews bow it isn't... mostly because its fast, accurate and build exceptionally well. Only bow that warranties below 5gpp.... they have enough faith in their componets and integrity to do so. Barnsdale limbs, winners choice string... all standard. And its a pretty good bargain too.... still about $200 less than a BT or Mathews.

The cam system they use now is the trinary cam system.... basically a binary cam system (darton/bowtech) under a different name. The draw cycle is a bit harsh... not nearly as harsh as an X-Force or 82nd.... but speed has to come from somewhere. I've found that I can draw mine easily at 61#s.... shoot it all day long.