Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy ridge

Old 03-05-2003, 10:00 PM

Default Trophy ridge

Just wanted to let people know how the new trophy ridge drop zone is working for me. I just set it up on my new legacy and it is really awesome. I was sceptical at first but it is absolutely whisper quiet. It takes some time to get set up but after that it has been great. I also put on a matrix site with the in line pins. I' m not so sure I like this. It seems to block more view to me. Its hard to pick out a small spot on the target with anything but the top pin. Anyone else agree? I have not yet put a peep on so maybe the blur of the string makes it worse than with a peep. Also has anyone heard of or used CAE arrows. I have left two posts about this company but no responses yet.
Happy Hunting.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy ridge

Thanks for the report on the new rest. I have been curious myself, especially for the price of it. Keep us updated once get shooting it more, and any new discoveries. I have the nitro extreme sight. I really like it. I got the 3 pin, as 5 seemed too much to me. I have had no trouble with sight picture, and use all 3 pins. I was shooting back to 40yds with the sight,and used it last summer on the 3D' s, and hunting season. On those arrows, honestly never heard of them.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey SD thanks for the report that rest sure does look like it would work well . A copule questions for ya , are you useing vanes ? , and are you getting complete clearance ? I think when you get a peep on the string your sight picture will be good I just hope you dont have a problem with the sight moveing on you , they may have fixed that problem with the matrix , I had that problem with a flatliner , great sight picture though .
Old 03-07-2003, 10:34 AM

In response to ijimmy, I am using 4 inch feathers and there is plenty of clearance. This is the first drop away I' ve use but it really is great. It just seem to be more forgiving than a prong rest. Even if you do tork the bow or have the string hit your clothing it will not let the feathers come in contact with anything. It is 100% silent and the arrow holder that sticks to the shelf with hold the arrow with the bow horizontal on your lap. I' m happy.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:08 PM

I was thinking about buying the Matrix sight. I was wondering if you can remove the pins on this sight to make it a 3 pin sight? It' s only 5 bucks more for the 5 pin and then I would have the extra 2 just in case I ever wanted them.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:41 PM

I had the five pin trophy ridge. I know you can take some of the pins out if you like but I have heard it is a pain. What I did was simply line two pins up so I could only see the front one. That way I only had 3 or 4 pins and could easily go back to five pins if I liked. The only problem is that some of the pins might be the same color right next to each other. Didn' t bother me but some people might not like that.

About the sight picture. I used the sigt for one season. Loved the bright fiber optics. The long fiber optics are wrapped around the round sight hood and pick up alot of light. I have only one complaint. The in line pins seemed to block too much of the target when I was shooting 3D. The pins are also quite big (.029 I believe). I bought an Extreme sniper. Which I haven' t heard alot about. I just put it on my bow and will give a report once i get to shoot it some. It is a traditional style fiber optic pin sight with .019 pins. Seems very well made. It is the 500 series and is made more like a target style sight. The web sight is www.extremearchery.com. Check it out. If any one has one of these let me know how you like it.

Just my 2 cants.

Old 03-07-2003, 10:11 PM

I have the five pin but I just dropped the 4 and 5 pins down as far as they would go to keep them out of the way. I have looked at the Impact archery sites. They seem to be as bright as any. Too bad the trophy ridge spent all my money.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I got replacement pins for my Trophy Ridge( had broke one). The directions read once a pin is removed it can no longer be used. I' m not sure if its because you have to cut the beaded head on the fiber wrap around, or something to do with the pin structure itself. I found them pretty easy to replace. Once you get the pin pushed out its cake!