Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep sights!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Peep sights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Spike

Default Peep sights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting my bow re-strung and am also gonna put a new peep sight and go with a kisser. I'm wondering what you guys (the professionals) think would be the best peep sight. I know a lot of speculation is out there about peep sights and a lot of people are going away from them, but I'm still gonna use one, at least this year. The new string and cable is winners choice. I shoot a Matthew's Outback (almost a relic, not yet) with a trophy ridge fall away rest. I already purchased the new radical peep with a 1/4" sight. I like this one because it has the skinny latex tubing, but I heard the winners choice string doesn't twist, so the latex tubing might be overkill. I also like the new G5 peep sight with the 5/16" sight. This has no latex tubing. Just wondering what you guys think!! thanks for your time
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep sights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like th e 3/16" hunter G5 peep it is good in low light conditions as well and works for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You heard right about not needing a tube aligner with WC strings (and many other quality ones). The strings will come prestwisted and prestretched so there should be little to no peep rotation once they are installed and shot in (maybe 50 shots). Shoot the bow without a peep for those 50-100 shots and then install the peep. Align it so it points straight back and that's how it should draw, too---straight back.

As for peeps? There are three without a tube that are very good. G5 makes their machined magnesium in sizes from 1/8" to 5/16". Fletcher True Peeps, the old stand-by, has about the same sizes and have been around for well over 30 years. Then there is the Specialty Ball peep that uses a housing that accepts threaded inserts from about 1/32" to 3/16" (with no insert installed).

These are the htreeused by those in the know. Pick one and you can't go wrong. Try them out in your local shop to see which size you like. Most people pick one that brackets their sight guard at full draw as this helps with centering and torque issues. However, if this is just a hunting setup you may just want one of the larger ones to allow more light through.

OH, and there is nothing wrong with your ANCIENT bow. Believe me, there haven't been that many "latest and greatest" changes to spend money on a new bow if you like the one you have.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I am by no means a professional shooter, just a weekend warrior. I have a G5 Meta peep in the 1/4" size. It works well for me.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

G5 Meta Peep
or
Fletcher Tru-Peep

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Jim Fletcher 1/4 and love it, I have to shoot with my glass's on this year and can only do it with a peep.. Walt
Old 07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

I use the 1/4" G5 meta peep and would recomend it over all the others I have personally tried. The tubing style peeps gave me nothing but trouble.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM

1/4" G5 Meta Peep
Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

1/4" G5 Meta Peep
X2!