Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ARCHERY RESEACH BOWS >

ARCHERY RESEACH BOWS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ARCHERY RESEACH BOWS

Old 02-26-2003, 03:38 PM

Default ARCHERY RESEACH BOWS

Anyone had a chance to shoot the new AR bows? I went down to the local shop and shot the new AR34. It was set up with just a Quicktune drop away rest, 4" doinker and the manufactures string leaches. It has a very smooth draw and a rock solid wall. This thing is dead quiet when shot, but the vibration was a bit harsh in my opinion. I know it was not the set up because everything was tight. The only thing I could think of is how much vibration will the limb savers suck up? If that takes care of the vibration this will be a very nice bow.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:30 AM

Default RE: ARCHERY RESEACH BOWS

The rep is coming to the pro shop in my area next week to show the AR bows. Did you chrono any of the bows?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

whats the price ? Pa say' s they are going to cost alot .
Old 02-27-2003, 07:11 AM

I did not get a chance to chrono the bow. I may stop back today or tomorrow and see if he has had a chance to chrono it.

Our local shop will be selling them for $599. I believe that only comes with the string leaches, and no limb savers, so you can tack on another $25 or so.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:01 AM

When I saw them at the ATA show I thought they are a nice looking bow and should be very forgiving. I think it is actually one of the best designs to come out of PSE in a long time. I really like them and they should be a great bow. Keep us all posted on what you guys learn about them.

Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM

I just went and looked at an AR31 . It is a pretty nice bow ,but from all I' ve heard about the high quality on these bows..........I was a little disappointed with the paint on the inside of the riser(outside looked good). The inside of the riser is hollow(hard to explain) and unpainted. The inside was just full of overspray from painting the outside of the riser,looked kind of cheap IMO. I liked the balance and grip,but I didn' t like the draw very much. It does have a solid back wall. The local shop has them for $599.00( I didn' t get a chance to shoot it ).