Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Beman or Carbon Express, which is best? >

Beman or Carbon Express, which is best?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman or Carbon Express, which is best?

Old 02-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Beman or Carbon Express, which is best?

Just wondering which one of these shafts everyone thinks is best? One thing I like about the bemans is the smooth finish(quiet and easy on the rest), and the USA after the name. Let me know, I am just curious.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:52 PM

Default RE: Beman or Carbon Express, which is best?

Never used either one, but you might want to look in to some of the Gold Tip arrows.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

I started using carbons several years back, first ones were Gold tip, they were ok but not what I was looking for. I then went to Carbon express and thought they were great but couldn' t buy them in the area I live anymore so I went to Beman Ics, as far as I' m concerned it' s the best arrow I' ve ever used, even if I was able to get Carbon express once again I wouldn' t do it, the Ics are that good. If you decide to try them I think you' ll be happy with them. elknut1
Old 02-23-2003, 03:52 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Beman of the 2 mentioned, but I shoot Gold Tips. I' m also a fan of USA products.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:58 PM

I started out using bemans but but my local archery shop did' nt carry them so i switched to goldtips,but i would say beman out of the two you mentioned.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used both arrows extensively. I do not believe either of them is the " Best" out there but I do think that both are very good shafts...especially for the price range we are talking about.

I give my arrows quite a beating on a regular basis. My biggest pet peeve with ICS carbons in general is that they can and do bend without breaking any of the outer layers of carbon. The inner layers break and really weaken the overall support of the arrow. I have had quite a few CEs bend and not break though not as many as Blackhawk Vapors. The Bemans on the other hand just seem to want to snap in half rather than break. I believe that is because of the style or resin that they use to " cement" the shaft together.

Just my two cents....
Old 02-24-2003, 07:11 AM

PABowhtr, could you give me a rundown of some of the better carbons? I' ve used and am using the CE Select 3D' s, Beman ICS Hunters, Beman Matrix and Gold Tip XT Hunters. I shoot a 29" arrow with a 30" Draw at about 67lbs. I want the best arrow flight possible, but not sure which to go with. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want the best flight possible, arrow after arrow, long term, look no further than ACCs. More expensive up front, but will last a long time. I finally bit the bullet after shooting other ics style carbons for years, will never look back...

Old 02-24-2003, 08:11 PM

I have shot both and they are both great products. I don' t think you will go wrong with either. If you do want a shaft made in the USA then the Bemans are it.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with Rangeball to a point. ACCs are probably the most consistant in terms of spine, weight variance, etc... as well as one of the straightest overall. However, since they have an aluminm core they can be bent so I would not classify them as the most durable.

As for the others....it is difficult for me to make a call on any of them as I have experienced such varying degrees of reliability and consistancy from one year to the next with even the same series of shafts not to mention the different brands. I do not think you can go wrong with either the Goldtips or the Beman ICS in terms of what you are getting for the price. The Carbon Express Selects are really nice and if price is not an issue then I would probably head that route. I had some problems with weight variances with them two years ago but have heard that they improved since then. The Beman Matrix shafts are relatively new and I have to admit that I have not tried them yet. However, I would assume that they have many of the same characteristics of the ACCs since they are of the same basic design.

Quick Reply: Beman or Carbon Express, which is best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.