Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 warranty service? >

warranty service?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

warranty service?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Default warranty service?

I would like to poll the board to see what ya think about the following:

I recently had warranty work done on my new bow by the local dealer/bow shop. A part had to be sent to the factory. It was replace and returned. The dealer installed the new part and everything works well. My question, is itfairfor the dealer to charge for labor on a warrantiedrepair? The amount charged was nominal $25.00, but its the principle.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: warranty service?

Last year I had warranty work done on a bow and didn't pay a penny. Contact the manufacturer of the bow and ask them about warranty coverage. What brand of bow is it?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Bowtech. The manufacturer did not charge for labor it was the local dealer/bow shop. Which I purchased the bow from.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

The local shop should not have charged you. They should get reimbursed by Bowtech. That was how it worked for me with Diamond/Bowtech.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

warranty work is usually done at no cost to the buyer and the dealer is paid by the manufactuer.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

No the dealer does not get reimbursed by the manufacturer for his time on warranty work. It is not like in the automotive industry where a dealer gets paid X amount of dollars for warranty work. For bow dealers it is pro bono. To get the warranty work done for free it would have to be shipped back to the factory. If a dealer is doing it for nothing , thank them for it because he is getting nothing for his time except hopefully a loyal customer.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would find another shop
Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The shop has got to charge you for thier time or they WILL go out of business.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Your proshop got an extra 25.00 from you that he will be getting from BowTech. This is why I love working with PSE and their dealers. No cost ever for warranty work.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dealers don't get paid by Bowtech for warranty work, thats why there is a mark up from dealer price to retail price, thoBowtech do supply the parts free of charge to the dealer.

If this is the dealer who you brought your bow from I would be looking for another dealer, one who is going to take care of me if I do need warranty work done.

Quick Reply: warranty service?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.