Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Mathews Icon???? >

Mathews Icon????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Icon????

Old 02-13-2003, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Mathews Icon????

That is a nice color! I have the Kiwi & it is a sweat looking bow. It is simply awsome!

fust an FYI - my setup is as follows & tunes really easy. For 3-D I am using the carbon express 200' s (29" @ 65lbs) with a insert & 75 grain tip with 3-D duravanes. For indoor I am using 2512' s with 125 grain screw ins & they are 30.5 inches long with the new 3" 3-D duravanes. Both setups tuned really easy with my fall away and theyalso tuned really well with a standard launcher rest too!

Good Luck with the new bow!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:12 PM

I shot with Justin Martin, Matthews pro and he uses one and he finished high last year. I also saw Legendary indoor shooter Dean Pridgon shooting one in indoor tournament. With guys like this shooting them there bound to be good bows. Not the fastest bow.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:58 PM

ORION
What brand Fall away are you using. I am curious as to what will work with the roller cable guard.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:47 PM

HV Bowman

Currently I am using a Golden Premier Fall Away with the FT launcher. There are several models that will work with this bow. Mathews currently has a fall away version of their rest and Trophy Taker is another that will work with these bows. The main thing is to use one with a cord attachment. The Mathews, NAP, GKF, Trophy Taker, etc. that use the cord attachment will all work. The Trap Door would also work too.

Experiment & try various models, see what you like the best. Some really like the guard on the Mathews rest while others really like the micro adjustment of the Golden Premier.

Good Luck on your search!