Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
"true shot" dual laser alignment bow tuner >

"true shot" dual laser alignment bow tuner

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

"true shot" dual laser alignment bow tuner

Old 11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

Smile "true shot" dual laser alignment bow tuner

I have sold many of these now and wanting to know what you people are thinking about it? Thanks for any input.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default True Shot Dual Laser Tuner

The thing is junk!!! There's no support for it the lasers are cheap and mine broke in the first week now I'm stuck with an expensive piece of metal I messages Travis for new laser( more than willing to pay for them) and he messaged back saying to buy a a whole new unit
Thanks For piece of junk Travis

Last edited by j_bob16; 08-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

This is pretty misleading considering that a laser tuner will only line things up and level your planes. It does not "tune" anything, the laser does not take cam rotation, string stretch, arrow weight/ spine, or anything else.
You can get everything lined up with the laser, but you'll still have to shoot and tune the bow. The Laser should be used as a starting point only.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gun870guy
This is pretty misleading considering that a laser tuner will only line things up and level your planes. It does not "tune" anything, the laser does not take cam rotation, string stretch, arrow weight/ spine, or anything else.
You can get everything lined up with the laser, but you'll still have to shoot and tune the bow. The Laser should be used as a starting point only.
I am not trying to get any drama going but you know this how? Check a pros bow and tell they do not have a true center shot off of the string. The only thing that could be different then level or plumb would be your knocking point, or rest height this could be high or low, this is if your bow is not exactly in tune together. Your arrow has to come off the string exact. We are all trying to better our shooters and hunters, misinformation is not good.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Having tuned many bows over my life, I have to say, its an expensive toy. It cannot and will not replace actually tuning the arrow to the bow. It will give you a starting point thats it, and I can do that by eye just as easy.

Sir, I realize your trying to hock this thing, and I respect that. But unless everything is lined up perfect, no cam lean, limbs perfect, rest falling straight, and you have the perfect spine for that bow, your tool is not of much use to us.

I guarantee you 9 times out of 10, you line up your rest with your tool, and then shoot field points and broadheads at 30-40 yards, the broadheads will hit different.

One should know all the techniques, from walkback, paper tune, bareshaft tune, then broadhead tune, that trumps this tool. Your spreading much misinformation and very misleading.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Spike

Yes you are correct, some can line everything up real close by eye, although there are alot more archers that can not.
If you ever get a chance, check out a pro competition shooters center shot, it is true.
Go to ebay and read all the positive feedbacks from the buyers of the True Shot dual laser.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Fork Horn

Not trying to knock any ones product, but I know that by the time you set your laser up, I have already had the bow shooting. I think if you check with most pro shops across the country, you may see them laying on the bench, not being used. For the individual that has money to spend, maybe. I also know that the pros do not use a laser to tune their bow. Some might? but the most do not. And although your unit might be better than all the rest out there. The damage is done, and the tool "laser" is a useless gizmo! JMHO
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by j_bob16
The thing is junk!!! There's no support for it the lasers are cheap and mine broke in the first week now I'm stuck with an expensive piece of metal I messages Travis for new laser( more than willing to pay for them) and he messaged back saying to buy a a whole new unit
Thanks For piece of junk Travis
This is not true! You edited your post over a year and a half later? Email me at [email protected]!