Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Darton and Alpine bows question >

Darton and Alpine bows question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Darton and Alpine bows question

Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Darton and Alpine bows question

I was curious of everyones opinion on Darton and Alpine archery bows? I have just recently heard of both companies, they are small, but seem to have some loyal followers. What do yall think of them?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton and Alpine bows question

Ive owed one of both this year , still have the darton , pro 2000 that is , excelent bow , my only gripe is it was around a 1/4 long on draw length , and with dartons new cams , they adjust in 1/2 inch increments , the cps was adjustable to 1/8 inch .

The alpine I owned shot very fast and was quiet and accurate , what else do you want might be the question , It would not stack fixed broadheads , and field tipped arrows together is the answer , I sold it .
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

where you can buy a Darton at, do pro shops carry them? or just online?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Dartons for years in fact ever since they came on the market over the years I have tried others but always came back to Darton I have 2 now and love them both are over 5 years old with CPS sysstem smooth shooters and forgiving. Check out dartons web site but I bought mine at a Darton dealer here in S WV
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bassfisherman711

where you can buy a Darton at, do pro shops carry them? or just online?
If you want to experience some good service even before you give them a dime, call them. You can also find dealers near you from the web site listed and some on line places sell them if you know what you want.

Here's a funny story I've told before. A friend ordered a high endMathews from a shop across the country. When it came there was an advertisment with it. It was a picture of all the guys at the shop. They were all holding Dartons.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen Alpines customer service first hand and I can say without a doubt,among the best in the industry.

I have played with the darton cams and again,I would say they are among the best in the industry.

Although,I prefer the higher end Hoyts for various reaasons, youcan'tgo wrong with either of those choices.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darton has been around for a long time---a long time. They just don't have 4 page ads in every magazine published. They were the original producer and patent holder of the "cam+1/2" technology.
Good, good bows.

Alpine probably makes good bows as well. I've never shot any, but have handled them and didn't care for the clumsy feel of their modular riser bows, but that's me. I won't say anything negative other than that.

Both bows are handled by various pro shops and in some box stores as well. Dealer locator on their respective websites is the best source for who sells them.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:24 PM

well for what i have seen darton is a good manufactur, but i havnt shot one, but i know two people who have alpine, they are both very nice bows and quiet.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind that whenever you shoot a Bow Tech... you are really shooting a Darton....

Same goes for a High Country, Alpine's and I believe APAs... all using a differnt name of Rex Darlington's binary cam design...

Dartons have been around a long time... and if you bow hunted in the 80s or early 90s... you probably had, shot or hunted with someone who owned a Darton. They were a high end bow then, and really still are now. They are not quite as well known by some of the newer hunters we are fortunate to have entering our sport, but they are a big part of our pedigree. They don't advertise heavily (if at all), no big name hunting shows or anything like that. Just a good bow, with good service.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darton is a great bow company, they've been making bows for along time(someone already mentioned), They make quality products with out all the hype marketing mumbo jumbo....
kindof like my other favorite bow company by the name of Martin....

i cant say anything about Alpine they seem very Gimmicky to me,for lack of a better term...wich kindof makes me not like them.(im sure they are a fine shooting bow tho, also they have a very different feel to them in the hand)

i havent shot a Darton for along time(because ill end up buying it if i shoot it). but i can guarantee that theymake some of the best hunting bows.
they offer 37" and 39"Ata hunting bows in the Pro 4 and 5 models, along with their shorter models. wich is something alot of companys dont offer.
wouldnt mind getting my hands on a pro5....the longer bows are SWEET shooters.

my very first compound was a Darton, id still have it if i didnt give it away...that thing shot great and never gave me any probs. and i was rough on it ...(got it new wheni was 9-10 years old, so it was a 91' model or so) i think the #age was adjustable from 25-45# and the draw went to about 25" (i think) i outgrew it by the time i was 13 or so.Got alot of trophys with that bow.
i wanna say it was called a Darton Scout but for some reason im not certain.

My current rig is a Martin prowler SE (an 04' model)...i like it.

next time ill read the thread so i dont repeat what others already said...not trying to be a copy cat, [8D]just goes to show you what been written is the way most that have shot a Darton feel about the brand.

Quick Reply: Darton and Alpine bows question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.