Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rest choices for finger shooters? >

Rest choices for finger shooters?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rest choices for finger shooters?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rest choices for finger shooters?

I use a simple flipper, but want to explore other choices.

Whisker bisciut ?
Drop Away ?

Which will work with fingers, and what others do you know of ?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rest choices for finger shooters?

Something along these lines is what you need.

http://www.nzap.co.nz/arrowrests_fingers.php
Old 09-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

A spring loadedor magnetic wire rest with a quality cushion plunger. Stay away from launcher and especially the Whisker Biscuit.A quality, adjustable rest like theTerry DLX or Cavalier Free Flight along with a Cavalier Master Lok cushion plunger would make an excellent combination for fingers. Check out Lancaster Archery Supply's web page for a look at finger style rests and plunger set ups.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've tried all kinds of rests and keep going back to a simple flipper. Nothing works better. Most don't work half as well. You could say a flipper is the finger shooter's equivalent of a drop away.

My favorite is the Cavalier FreeFlyte micro adjust.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot awsome with fingers out of my WB i always practice like this incase i forget my release. i dont know if feathers help through it but i shot out to 35yrds with fingers yesterday and i shot so good i actually thought of going back to fingers.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:18 AM

On my backup bow I shoot fingers. It is a 2000 PSE Nova. I just bought a cheap NAP flipper rest and it is shooting very well. It was not to hard to set up, and once I got past fletching clearance it shoots bullet holes.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks,
I bought a Biscuit last year, but never put it on once I was told it wouldn't work with fingers. For those of you who have tried it, have you bareshaft tuned it, or broadhead tuned it?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM

As a finger shooter, I too have been exploring other choices. A flipper or plunger rest is very forgiving, but take it out in the woods and hunt with it and you long for a dropaway or full containment rest. Something that will at least give you peace of mind that your arrow won't fall off the rest when you find yourself drawing in some awkward position. I've had some success with a TR dropzone freestyle, but found that your arrows have to be spined just right. I imagine the WB would also be finicky in that department, though I've heard offinger shootersusing them successfully.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been told that Biscuits and Dropaways will not work or tune well with a finger release. I know I should just try it and see, bu twhat do you think?
Anybody tried either one with fingers?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:24 AM

I shot the WB for years with my compound, but never with fingers. It may work, but I never felt comfortable, knowing what fingers do to the arrow at release.

I always shoot my traditional bows off the shelf, but have used a flipper in the past and they work very well. Shooting anything without a plunger or a windage adjustment, will make spine far more critical. You can shoot perfectly off the shelf or with the most simple flipper, but you need to know how to spine tune. It is critical in those situations where you can't make left/right adjustments.

Quick Reply: Rest choices for finger shooters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.