Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sighting in

Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Default sighting in

I have a new black ice that I have been shooting for the last 4 months. I have had it sighted in a couple times with 2 differnet sights. each time I got it what I thought was sighted in pretty good, the next time I shot it would be off in distance.
I now have a single pin adjustable sight and had it perfectly sighted in and marked on the paper.I put 5 arrows in a 2in group at 50yrds so I was pretty sure of myself with my bow at that distance and others closer. last night I was shooting at 40yrds and had to move my adjustment up to the 50yrd mark just to get it to the target. it seems like my string has stretched and then I loose volocity. Anyone have any experiance with this or any advice i would appreciate it because I am getting VERY frustrated with this reoccuring problem.

thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: sighting in

wow something is going very rong, sounds like with the incosistant shooting that mabey something to to with a too long draw lenght or mabey an incosistant anchor point. keep us posted.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM

i feel like i have tried everything from anchor point to making sure my sight is tight on my bow. I have had some of my friends watch me shoot to see if they noticed anything I am doing wrong but came up with nothing. the bow shoots great and very accurate but i have to adjust my distance differently almost everytime I shoot it. I almost sold it a couple weeks ago i wsa so mad. i have never had this problem before.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm no expert but I'll go with what the guys on here have taught me.

Have you checked all the specs and are they on? this would be the first thing I would check.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:18 PM

I guess Im not really sure what you mean by specs?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is your peep sight tied in tight? Sometimes those blasted things will start sliding up and down in the string and change your point of impact. Doesn't take much movement right in front of your eye to make a big difference 40-50 yards downrange.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM

arthur,

i have adjusted that a few times in the past but not in the last couple weeks. i know its tied down but it possible could have moved i guess. ill check it out.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your bow manufacturer should be able to provide axel to axel length, brace height, etc that are recommended for your bow. It's possible that these are off because of the string stretching and causing your issues.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am gonna say it is either your peep has moved a tad as Art said or your anchor point is not exactly as it was.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like sliding peep to me. Just out of curiosity is it a tube type? Because if it is it will always line up even when sliding up or down.

Quick Reply: sighting in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.