Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Commander

Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Commander

Has landed

I have put around 100 shots through it at the wrong draw length it came with 29" mods I have a 28" draw sowe put27.5" mods so I could shoot it some will be picking up the 28" mods tomorrow.

All I will say about it at this stage is all the hype I have heard about the Commander is true. Dealy quite and absolutely no vibration.

Ican hardly wait to get the right draw mods and finish setting it up and dialing it in fornext weekends ASA Pro/Am at Paris TX.

I will take some pics of it tomorrow all decked out in target mode

It has been a long wait for this bow and I went close to changing my order to a Guardian but I am glad I stuck with my original order now that I have shot it.

More to come
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Commander

You should have just left the 29" mod in and dropped it with me next time you come hunt! I'm glad you finally got it! Will you be shooting it or the BI in Paris next weekend? EDIT, well if I could read a little better I would see the answer!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 AM

russell, congrats. i know its been a long wait. y'all better hold on to Texas - got some buddies headed your way mid-week. that place won't be the same. don't bet against levi.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to hear you received yours too Russ and it sounds like you are as excited about yours as I am about mine. I have only had a few occasions to shoot it and not for anything length of time. I am heading down to the shop tomorrow so I hope to shoot more then.

The two characteristics that immediately jumped out at me are the accuracy and noise levels. This bow stacks them and the noise level is non-existant. What a superb combination!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Outside of the obvious (the commander being about 3½ inches longer than the Guardian) what are the major differences between the 2?

Is the commander suppose to be more forgiving?

It's heavier, slower, and delivers less kinetic energy than it's "little" brother. I'm not sure why someone would choose it over the Guardian.

I would assume it would be easier to shoot with fingers since A2A it's longer.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 AM

some of us are tall. for instance, me. i can't get a short ata bow like the guardian to fit me. there is no way the string will ever come to my nose w/ me in proper full draw position. the string angle is too sharp. a good rule of thumb is to buy a bow w/ an ata at least 6" longer than your drawlength.
for a hunting bow i could shoot the guardian w/ a no-peep, but not w/ a peep. a longer ata bow tends to sit down better also, and is better in most folks eyes as a competition bow.i'll be hunting w/ a commander this year if it holds up (yes, that means i have one here at the house now).i'll also be shooting 3d w/it until the slayerx shoot thru gets here. john
Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's heavier, slower, and delivers less kinetic energy than it's "little" brother. I'm not sure why someone would choose it over the Guardian.
Gibblet explained most of it but for me the extra weight and ATA this will be my target bow, I have a Black Ice for hunting.

The longer ATA and weight allows me to hold better on target than a shot ATA light weight bow.

As for speed the Commander has more than enough speed for 3d specially seeing I mainly shoot ASA which has a 280fps speed limit, same if I want to go have a field round once again I am limited to 280fps anything over the +- 3% then I am DQed and just wasted my time and money

I know some who shoot IBO and use speed bowsbecause they suck at judging yardageI would rather get to know what the bow will do at different yardages then adjust my sight accordinly

I just picked up the 28" mods so I am outa here to go install them and the clarifier peep and get shootingI will take the Digi cam with me and take some pics and post later.

The two characteristics that immediately jumped out at me are the accuracy and noise levels. This bow stacks them and the noise level is non-existant. What a superb combination!
Frank you are right about the non existant noise but as far as stacking them in there well I was only shooting @ 10 yards with no sight but that is about to change I have the CJ ANTS with 6power scope and a #2 clarifier ready to go on as soon as I install the 28" mods
Old 03-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet,

Have you made any strings for the Bowtech Guardian?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Ausie,, I shot the Commander a few days ago and I almost bought it on the spot and canceled my Guardian order I was strong though and put it back on the rack. I want a shorter bow with more speed so I'll be sticking to my Guardian for hunting this year. Looks like I'll be hunting with my Tribute to start though but once the Guardian comes in,, sights and rests will be flying around here

Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 PM

got my commander last night . I just can't stop shooting it ! I loved the OG but it has nothing on the commander . I can't say enough good about it ! set it up by eye last night . first shot bullet hole . just said WOW to my self . this bow don't move at all ! what i did notice is at 70# it's awsome . I backed it down to 62 # and it just wasn't the same bow I didn't like it . The no press came in handy for putting in the peep .
I really like this bow ! can you tell

Quick Reply: The Commander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.